Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Listing

I make lists. Shopping lists. Packing lists. To-do lists. Christmas lists. Random lists of random things. And there are few things more satisfying to me than crossing something off a list. It's concrete proof that I accomplished something, no matter how trivial it may be.

I found myself with a lot of free time on Monday, and rather than sit around doing nothing while I waited for somebody to bring me something to edit, I made the following lists:
  • ideas for blog posts (this post was #2)
  • outfits to wear for the rest of the week, including shoes and accessories
  • dinner ideas for the rest of the week
  • deliverables for my current projects
  • an outline for the database I'll be developing for my workers comp client (an outline counts as a list, right?)
As I typed the bullets above, it dawned on me that I was making a list of lists. Guess I just added a new variety of list to my repertoire!

3 comments:

Angie Ledbetter said...

I'm a list maker and checker-offer too. There are about 10 of them on all sizes of paper stacked before me right now.

Lori said...

I'm a lister, too. My lists revolve around work - the Friday afternoon list to remind me where I want to start on Monday; the list of places an article might fit; the list of things I want to do in order to get new business; the list of old clients I need to touch base with for new work; the list of groceries for that stew baked in a pumpkin (hey, it's work!)....

Cesia said...

I'm a lister too ... but its not because I'm a compulsive checker-offer. Its because my brain goes a bazillion miles a minute, and if I don't write stuff down, its gone into the void forrrrrreeeeevvveeerrrrr.

:)

- Cesia.
http://ceceatitagain.blogspot.com