To ensure that I was available if and when any editorial work came my way, I limited my explorations to the copy editor's office which has been my home base all week. Even in this small space, I found many wonderful treasures to covet:
- a license plate which reads "META4S"
- a vast library of reference books, including 4 dictionaries, 2 thesauruses and a wide variety of style guides
- all my favorite software, and a hard drive big enough to run it all without slowing to a crawl
- Post-it notes galore, including multicolor flags, minis, traditional squares and 4x6 ruled
- a "Word of the Day" calendar (Thursday's word: philippic, meaning a discourse or declamation full of bitter condemnation)
- an entire wall of cork board
- a giant ampersand paperweight