Thursday, July 17, 2008

Floating

Well, yesterday's post caught the attention of Barbara at Helium, and she's working to find the answers to my quandaries.

Thanks, Barbara, for the excellent customer service!

In other news, I started my copy editing project today. I had to work on an iMac, which I haven't done in FOREVER. Happily, that was my biggest challenge. I started off my day in a production meeting, which was mercifully short. Then I read The Copyeditor's Handbook until somebody brought me something to proof. The work was fairly steady, but not overwhelming. The office is cool, with lots of fun details (one of the bathroom doors says something like "employees must wash hands of predictable ideas"), and--SCORE!--they offer their associates free lunch. Today's was a yummy salad with cilantro dressing, and several varieties of organic chips. Beats the crummy sandwiches I usually make for myself!

No comments: