That got me thinking: if, by some miracle, I found myself as a contestant on Jeopardy, what would be my ideal categories? And here, because I know you're dying to know, is the list (in no particular order) that would at least ensure I would do well in one round:
- 19th Century British Literature (all the great Dead White European Males!)
- One of those categories where you have to spell your answers
- Greek Mythology
- 1980s Teen Movies (I HEART JOHN HUGHES)
- Botany (I don't know why, I just seem to always do well in this category)
- World Cheeses (On a trip to Wisconsin several years ago, we actually went out of our way to visit the Mars Cheese Castle)
Now, the chances of ever getting those categories in the same game is slim to none, so I guess I'll just have to continue to play at home, where I don't get penalized for wrong answers.