Sunday, June 29, 2008

Friendship, friendship. That's the perfect blendship.

A few days ago I had a conversation with someone with whom I will hopefully be working in the near future. He mentioned that he had read my posts about how much I dislike networking, and said that he, on the other hand, enjoyed it. More importantly, he's good at it.

This made me think about how great it is that I have a lot of friends who are also good at it, and use their networking savvy to my benefit. One friend recently had a booth at an eWomenNetwork event and included literature for my services in her display. Another friend, who coincidentally was at that same event, gave my contact information to a woman who is looking for a ghostwriter.

I have tons of examples like that, and I reciprocate when I can. The moral of the story, kids, is to count yourself lucky if you have friends who are strong where you are weak--and then be that same kind of friend to others!

No comments: