Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Time keeps on slippin'

The recent time change has really messed up my internal clock. I went to bed later than usual Saturday night, and didn't wake up until 11 (post-time change) on Sunday. Then I napped Sunday afternoon, and couldn't get to sleep Sunday night. I had to get up earlier than usual yesterday morning, and walked around in a sleep-deprived stupor around all day. Last night, I fell asleep around 8:00 and woke up at 9:30, but then didn't get back to sleep until after 1:00 a.m. I had to drag myself out of bed again this morning.

I don't remember ever being this affected by the beginning of daylight savings time . . . anybody else out there hit particularly hard this time around?

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lordy, do I know what you're saying. I have to get up every morning at 5:30 a.m. in order to be ready and have my son ready for the 45 minute to 1 hour commute to school and work. This time has really done a number on me. But, I'm finding it easier to go to bed earlier each night as I usually fight to stay awake at my desk during the day. After cooking, cleaning and getting ready for the next day's routine...I'm give out by 9:00-9:30 p.m. By the time we actually get use to this craziness...the time will change back again.

Angie Ledbetter said...

I feel for you. My mom, whom I a care giver for, has her days and nights mixed up...so today I'm really dragging! Feel like I have the hangover without the party. :)

Amie said...

I guess I should consider myself lucky I only have to worry about getting myself up and about!

Lori said...

No, but now I have Steve Miller Band stuck in my head. I won't sleep now! Thanks, Amie. Thanks a LOT. ;)

Actually, I had troubles on Monday, but mostly because he had to get up at 5 and catch a flight. That made me sleepy, so I was able to go right out that night.

Amie said...

If it makes you feel any better, it's stuck in my head now too.