Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Something

I have taped this comic to my computer monitor at every job I've had since college. It made me smile every time I looked at it. Even at the end of the cube farm job, when I'd had as much bureaucracy as I could stand, this still gave me a warm fuzzy. It reminded me that I was a part of something.



Today, as a freelancer--with nary a coworker or furry rodent in sight (unless one counts my cats or husband in either category, which I don't)--it still serves as a daily reminder that I'm a part of something. And now I'm smiling bigger than ever because this time around I created that something--and there's no better feeling in the world!

4 comments:

Kathryn Magendie said...

I love Far Side! (I almost wrote "live" instead of love - freudian slip!?)

Amie said...

I also live--er, love--Far Side. I wish Gary Larson was still making them, but they'll live on forever in calendar and anthology.

Unknown said...

"... I created that something--and there's no better feeling in the world!"

I love that line! Way to go!!

Small Footprints
http://reducefootprints.blogspot.com

Lori said...

Feels good to have "people" doesn't it? :)) It's part of the reason I blog - to connect with other crazy people who are making a go of this freelance thing. It's nice to get up in the morning and read comments by other crazies. :))