Thursday, August 14, 2008

You say tomato, I say . . .

I submitted my second article to the Helium Marketplace last night. Written for possible purchase by a magazine called GreenPrints (aka "Weeder's Digest"), it is the story of my one and only foray into the dangerous world of tomato gardening. It has it all--love, suspense, death, rebirth . . . let's just hope the GreenPrints folks feel the same way.

I've not found a way to link to the article, so maybe that's only something that can be done after the deadline (if I am mistaken and there is a way to link to the article, I'm sure one of the ever-vigilant Helium folks will comment to let me know how to do it).

As I learned from my last experience, when one first submits an article to Helium it is automatically ranked in the 50th percentile. As of this post, my article was 34th out of 78 (math challenged though I am, that is better than 50%, so I must assume that it has been read and positively rated by my fellow Helium members). This ranking is destined to change, given the fact that the deadline is 9/1. Will it change for the better or the worse? Only time will tell . . .

No comments: