Two things excited me about this post: it was listed as being "part time" and the salary range was right up my alley. However, I was suspicious about the lack of detail related to what info was expected from the candidates who might be interested. Why would they post so much detail about the position, and then nothing about the qualifications of the applicants or what they should send to demonstrate their experience (resume, writing samples, etc)?
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
Concept & Content StrategyWriting and Editing
- Work with business owner(s) and Director to conceptualize content that will advance the company's merchandising, business, marketing, or branding objectives.
- Has a deep and thorough understanding of those objectives, and can translate those into clear executable steps.
- Defines what information is needed for a successful customer experience.
- Collaborate with and set content direction for team and agencies.
- Develops standards and tone/voice for brands.
- Assess existing and proposed content.
- Coordinates content development; establishes efficient workflow processes.
- Highly aware of competitor best practices.
- Ensures that content is consistent and effective across all mediums/channels.
- Review agency and team efforts and provide effective direction and feedback.
- Work with functions across the company to ensure good communications and foster a collaborative work environment.
- Often looks for areas that need improvement, and is able to drive implementation of changes and solutions.
- Able to write hands-on as needed.
My curiosity got the best of me, so I replied. In my reply, I requested more information about the company and asked what information they wanted from interested applicants. I received this reply back almost instantaneously:
All applicants are required to post they [sic] resumes first.The fact that his reply came back faster than he could have typed it, coupled with the typo, the long list of position reference codes, and the requirement of posting a resume before getting more information about the position replaced my curiosity with suspicion. It's all just a little too "cloak-and-dagger" for my tastes, so I will not be pursuing this "opportunity".
If you have already done so then the available jobs are
located under the following Reference Codes:
Reference Code: 096772
Reference Code: 2568
Reference Code: SJC19605
Reference Code: 275501
Reference Code: 2877
Reference Code: NJ-2734
Reference Code: MD.0800835