Wednesday, April 8, 2009

I'm glad I said no

When my agency client invited me to tag along this past weekend to see the fruits of my presentation labor (in other words, to watch the actual presentation in San Antonio), I was sorely tempted to accept. But I knew that if I went, I would not be able to relinquish control of it.

Now that I know how it all went down, I know that I made the right decision. Even though the presentation was a success, it was a qualified success. As my client himself said, "We won the game 45-7, but we played horribly." From a technical perspective, there were a couple of glitches with the projector resolution and the view the presentation opened in. There were also some issues with the presenters not being quite prepared (they were paid presenters, not my clients) and also having a mild case of nerves. Had I been there, someone probably would have had to restrain me to keep me from rushing the stage in an attempt to help.

Plus, I completely forgot that I had made an appointment to donate blood on Sunday afternoon. Had I gone, I would have missed it.

1 comment:

Angie Ledbetter said...

Don't you love when you're rewarded for listening to the gut? :)